Welcome to our district wellness council site. Our mission is to promote healthy behaviors and lifestyle choice through on-going education and to empower students and staff to take responsibility for their own health. On this site you can find tips for healthy habits, recipes, and other ideas to better the wellness of your life. Use the Important Links section to help you find the specific information you are looking for, whether it's the Staff Wellness Challenge, healthy recipes, or parent tips. Let's work together to promote wellness among our staff, students and community!
To receive email updates about additions to this page, please select the SUBSCRIBE button at the bottom of this page.
Click on the links below for information for the Ebola Virus and the Entrovirus 68
Sometimes, there are symptoms that we ignore, just because they are not hampering our daily routine. It is unless, and until we are bothered by something, we pay attention to it.
Keep a few important factors in mind, to improve and focus better on your overall health by following these tips.
1) Try to drink plenty of water and other fluids in your daily routine, as it helps in keeping your body optimally hydrated.
2) Performing a few light exercises such as walking, aerobics, a few push ups, early in the morning can help you remain fresh all day.
3) For those who want to get toned body, can go for high-intensity cardio and strength improving exercises. However, the intensity, frequency and duration of workout should be in accordance with your physical capabilities.
4) After you work out, make sure your body gets adequate nutrition within 30 minutes. Recovery drinks such as protein shakes can be much useful. Moreover, give your body time to rest and recover after exercising.
5) Communicate your ideas and thoughts with someone you feel comfortable with. This will help you in gaining positivity and you will feel more confident than ever.
6) Try to adopt proper eating habits in your daily routines. Make sure you are consuming fresh eatables every time and avoid processed foods. Your meals should be small and frequent.
7) Control the caloric intake in your daily life. Try to eat foods having low glycemic index, so that your sugar levels do not rise abruptly.
8) Keep yourself away from stress and anger. Practice yoga or meditation for a few minutes, to relax your mind and body.
9) Make a routine and set your deadlines to achieve certain health targets. This is an effective way to remain focused and productive.
10) Try to add small changes in your fitness routine, as it will help you in maintaining your interest and will keep you motivated. You can shift from one set of exercises to other level or try new varieties of nutritional foods.